THE 6TH IDIOT- AN INDEPTH LOOK AT LIFE!



Last night was not an awesome one to me. My son has been suffering from coughs and high fever for some days now; last night was the climax. He kept tossing and turning in bed, till 5.00 am in the morning. I couldn’t sleep; I stayed awake to watch over him.

Too bad for me, I was expected to report to work by 8 in the morning; so no sleeping time for me. Despite leaving the house thirty minutes early, I arrived late at work. Why? I had to wait for the bus that passes our route; its shorter and most of us (employed here), prefer it.  Some minutes to eight, I decided to pick a motorbike.

Wasted time and wasted resources. I ended up paying double the fare. My day had already been distracted. I reached my desk, switched on the computer. I was not in the mood to work on anything so I started staring at my colleagues. Everyone was busy working with their hands but their minds were really far.

I could tell that they are thinking about doing something different, something unique with their lives.  I was in the same category too. I thank God for my small family. They support and encourage me a lot. I draw my strength from them; I face challenges but I can’t give up because then, they will be disappointed and give up too.

After some few minutes of dozing off, my reading instincts told me to find out some information on the successful people in my country; find out what they did differently to change their lives and impact the lives of others as well. The first person that came to mind was Chris Kirubi, a successful entrepreneur, businessman, industrialist and philanthropist here in Kenya.

Then I looked at Julie Gichuru, I even went ahead and read some of her blogs on success. She has outlined some very essentials tips that we need for success. My last persona, was Rachel Ruto; the wife of our Vice President, Hon. William Ruto.

I kept going over and over again through this info, noting down what I should do in order to improve my life. They are ordinary individuals like me, but they have accomplished much in their lives. They have faced challenges, conquered, and won. They have won the price and for them to be role models to you and me, they put their best in everything they did. I love my life but after today, I have realized that I have been stuck in my comfort zone for so long.


I am able to pay my bills, educate my son and to some extent, improve myself but not substantial improvement.  I do not have a complete college degree, but I am in the process of achieving that. I have a lot that needs to be done and I believe that today marks the beginning of a new journey.
Birds of feather flock together. This is an adage that has become more clear to me than ever before.

What did they do?
1.       They hanged around people who were positive. People who had the same dreams and visions like them. They did not allow negative people or challenges to draw them back. 

 Lesson: Surround yourself with positive people. If you hang around 5 intelligent people, you will be the 6th one, if you hang around 5 millionaires, you will be the 6th, if you hang around 5 confident people, you will be the 6th and finally, if you hang around 5 idiots, you will be the 6th. I don’t want to be the idiot. I cannot access them easily but I will be hanging around them on facebook, blogs, magazines and google.
 
2.       They are persistent, confident and very optimistic. Julie Gichuru is a go-getter, Chris Chirubi is a fighter, having risen from the life of abject poverty to being among the richest in Kenya. Her Excellency, Rachel Ruto, is a prayer warrior.
3.       Success does not come over night. It takes years and years of toiling and hard work. There are countless sleepless nights that I will face for me to achieve what I want. I love my bed 🤣🤣🤣,but I will have to begin spending less and less time on it; for me to give my family and myself a better life. A life whereby, I will not have to forego eating something, except for health reasons, due to lack of cash.

Today has been a turning point and I intend to read more and more. Implement what they have advised. I may not copy everything but what I can, I will do it.

Confidence, Optimism, and Persistence are my new tags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Past Go – Forge Ahead!

After All, He is Dying: Is There Anything Essential He can Give?

What role do you play in your child’s life?